l’m going to show you how to launch a blog in 15 minutes (or under, if I stop babbling) so let’s get right to it. The only service you will need for this tutorial is the hosting and domain website Bluehost. Although there are quite a few hosting services out there, Bluehost is the best if you are just starting out because it is inexpensive and has great customer service if you run into any issues, so I would 100% recommend you begin there, and then if you ever want to upgrade to something more advanced when your blog grows you always have the freedom to do so.
Now that you are on the Bluehost website, let’s get started on this super quick and easy tutorial:
1. Choose the hosting plan that best suits your needs. If you are just launching your blog for the first time, it’s best to go with the ‘basic’ plan as it is the cheapest, and has all the features necessary for a started blog. Keep in mind that when you blog grows, you can just upgrade to a more advanced plan then, but for now it’s unnecessary.
2. Hopefully, you have a name picked out for your blog by now, so just enter whatever blog name you wish to have. If you have purchased a domain name elsewhere (like on namecheap) then enter that in the ‘I have a domain name’ section, but this will only be the case for a small number of you.
3. This part is simple enough, just fill in all your account details. For the Account Information: just fill in the details they need.
For the ‘package Information’ section, go ahead and untick all the extra services they try to sell you. At this stage, you don’t need them. However, if there is one you are willing to purchase, I would recommend ‘Domain Privacy Protection.’ This protects your personal information from the public WHOIS database. It’s not a must have though, so no worries if it is out of your budget.
Then, just fill out your banking information.
4. Once you have filled out the form and submitted it, you will then get this message, and from here, click ‘create your password.’
5. Enter a password. Ensure you create a password that is strong enough. Then click ‘create’
6. Now, you have access to your dashboard! Go to your CPanel, Scroll down to the ‘website’ section and click on’ Install wordpress.’
7. It will lead you to this page where you just click the green ‘Install’ button.
8. Then, select the domain name you registered with + click ‘Check Domain’
9. Click ‘Show Advanced Options’ and fill in the detail of your blog name, username, and password. The latter two being the information you will need to provide when signing in to your WordPress dashboard.
10. Make sure everything is checked, including the ‘terms and conditions’ and click ‘Install Now’
11. You will now see a progress bar at the top of the page. After a few minutes, a message will show up saying ‘Your Install is complete.’
Click on the ‘View Credentials’ button.
12. This message will then turn up with your login information. To sign in to your new WordPress blog, simply go to yourblogname.com/wp-admin and enter the username and password you picked in step 9.
There you have it! Damn easy right? If there’s anything that you are unsure about, be sure to leave me a comment below and I’ll get back to you ASAP! In the meantime, have fun with your blog, and leave me a link to it. I would love to have a read.